Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Jessica forgot to mention...

From Daddy: When we came home from the hospital with Caitlin three years ago, Jess came down with a fever of 103 leading to a whole series of disastrous events including me sleeping on the ER floor and Nana coming to rescue us. So...

Yesterday evening was the first night home for Jess, and amidst the hustle and bustle of coming back home she started to get feverish. As I went upstairs to rummage for the thermometer I had flashbacks of three years ago. The first reading was 100. The second was 101. So I did the only thing I could do--I got angry with Jess, turned out the lights, threw her a blanket and pillow and went up to bed.

People always say that God won't give you more than you can handle, and well, this was more than I could handle (given everything). I said, "God, this is more than I can handle," and went to sleep. I woke two hours later to check on Jess and the fever was down to 99. Praise God!

Needless to say today was a shorter visit; but, I did get to change Ryan's Diaper and he showed a little character as he peed all over the place while I was doing it. Who knew this would be something I would celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment